Friday, December 3, 2010

Post #8: Overdue

Ahhh ... so I broke the cardinal rule of blogging: blog frequently. I thought I'd make it to 10 posts before I'd fall off the blogging wagon. Not quite. Now in my defense its been a pretty hairy couple of weeks. My sweetie was in and out of hospital a couple of times (nothing too serious, thanks be to God) and I finished up at my job, which meant it was mental crazy trying to hand everything over. As a result, my blog suffered. Poor thing :( But my cooking and baking did not, so I'm going to post a couple of the things I did over the last few weeks today and get back into a groove of regular posting. I promise :)

Anyway, the same day as my last post (over a month ago. Oops) I decorated some cupcakes. In the last post I told ya how I made bread to take down to a big family get-together. I also took cupcakes. Pretty ones. And some decorated for the holiday it was (any guesses?)
(the scary ones on the left were for the holiday). And some pretty ones:
I'm just starting to ice cupcakes and I gotta say, its a lot of fun! I got a killer icing recipe from Whisk Kid and its super awesome. Its a meringue buttercream, which takes a bit of work to make but its super duper delish. I also used the icing to cover a cake I made to celebrate my Irish daddy's 40 years in the army (way to go!)


Outside the cake



Inside the cake. Colourful, eh?
I stole the idea for the cake from the Whisk Kid's Super Epic Rainbow Cake and obviously mine didn't come out nearly as nice, but I thought it was ok for a first attempt.

I also made a tasty baked cheesecake for my Irish co-workers as none of them had tried one (they do chilled cheesecakes here which are yummy too but I prefer the baked ones. Guess its what you grew up with) and it came out really good:



Baked Lemon Cheesecake with a short crust pastry instead of digestive biscuit. Yummy!
I did some dinners too, but the desserts are more colourful :) 
Sorry again for the long gap between posts. I'll try to be better :)

I'll post tomorrow with the amazing snow we've had here and my oft requested multiseed bread recipe :)

Peace,

Jenn x

1 comment:

  1. Hey missy!
    Those cupcakes look wonderfully scrumptious! Glad you were able to update! I should take a leaf out of your book here...

    ReplyDelete