Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Best view in Tralee today

It was a gorgeous day here in Tralee today. When the weather is good, it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. A and I went out for a nice 2.5 mile walk around the town. It was lovely.

Its St. Bridget of Kildare's feast Day so I had to celebrate that in some way, as my great-grandnana was named for her and I lived in Kildare for my first 6 years in Ireland so she is a special saint to me. She's the patron saint of dairy workers and farmers, so I had to include spuds and dairy. I had some bits left over from the roast beef dinner so I decided to serve that up again in a different way.

I used the extra roast beef and stewed it with the left over gravy and some mushrooms and onions. I split the Yorkshire puddings open and put the beef-gravy-mushroom-onion mixture into it.


Looks good, eh? It was! Slap some veggies and wedges (I used rosemary and garlic instead of spices) on the plate and it makes for a tasty dinner!


So for dessert, which we don't normally have but we did have to honour dairy workers, a treat:





A saw me bringing the ice cream into the house and the second dinner was finished he was batting those eyelashes at me, begging for dessert. I can't say I was too disappointed to oblige.

And the best view in Tralee today?

Few things are better than a fella willingly doing dishes. Love it!

Did you do anything to celebrate St. Bridget's day? Do you have a dishwasher? :)


Peace,

Jenn x

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for a dish washer...if you know of one in my area, gimme their phone number. Preferable one who is willing to work with a 'slave' status...

    ReplyDelete